Here is the plan for renovating the 1979 Liteweight poptop caravan:
(i.e. Wife has approved)
- Replace the peeling wallpaper ceiling with carbonised bamboo ply.
- Install 12V recessed lighting (MR11), 230v driver circuit and wireless switches.
- Attach small 12v winch and hidden pulley system to automate raising/lowering the poptop.
- Add railing to one of the pop-out beds for 1yr old baby.
(i.e. Wife is thinking about it)
- Replace hanging cabinetry with bespoke bamboo cabinetry.
- Add LED strip lighting for reading lights and kitchen illumination.
- Thicker foam squabs with new coverings.
- New window coverings to match squabs.
May be happening (or not)
(i.e. Wide doesn’t know yet)
- Replace damaged linoleum floor with something stylish.
- Replace convertible seating/bed with permanent double.
- Add fold-out table to other end of caravan.
- New kitchen.
- Re-paint interior.
- Re-paint exterior.
The Opera camper has got to be my favourite folding caravan design EVER. Sad to see it’s no longer in production. Poor timing with the GFC.